a Real newbie

Cork, Richard C richard.c.cork at boeing.com
Tue Feb 15 10:13:09 MST 2005

I have a G4 xserve with ydl3.x  I would like to load 4.x on it.  I have
the CDs I can boot to the CDrom but before if completes bringing up the
install program I get an error about writing to a device. I have tried
the GUI, text and safe modes all with the same results

I am not sure what specific information you need but I would appreciate
any help (wild guesses accepted at this time :-) ) and let me know what
information you need.

Rich Cork

No plants or animals were injured or killed

 in the sending of this message.
However,

 several quadrillion electrons
were terribly inconvenienced

Attention: This communication may contain proprietary, personal or other
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or
believe that you have received this communication in error, please do
not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the
information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received
this e-mail in error, and delete the copy which you received.