Mounting the Linux Drive in Mac OS X

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:47:26 MST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:41:07 -0600, Ray <astrochess at bellsouth> wrote:
> I only have in my house a G4 Cube (Mac OS 9.2) and a 7100/80 (Mac OS
> 7.6, upgraded to ~300 Mhz G3). FTP worked on the 7100 to get the drive,
> and I guess it works on all machines. AFP and Appletalk I was unable to
> test, due to Appletalk problems on my computer. (Help welcome, although
> this isn't Linux troubleshooting).
>
> Powermac dual 2Ghz G5, 512 Mb RAM, 160 Gb HD, YDL 4.0, kernel 2.6.9,
> Mac OS X 10.3.8

Did you install the netatalk package for YDL using yum?:
yum install netatalk

Once installed, you'd want to turn on atalkd at boot and start it in
the Services application (found in GNOME, perhaps KDE as well).

This will automatically share your users' homes over AFS over IP (AFS
over IP may not work on Mac OS 7.6). To connect to the server, you'd
have to type in the IP or web address for the server.

Eric.