Installing YDL on an iMac G5

John Di Stefano jodst at telus.net
Fri Feb 25 09:19:10 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm new to both Mac and Linux, running from the monster.

On a PC laptop that I also have I have been running Linspire 4.5.3 on
the second partition for almost a year and feel comfortable with that.
When I got the iMac G5 running OS 10.3  2 months ago, I partitioned the
HD into 5 partitions, all formatted  as Mac extended (journaled), then
recently downloaded and burned installation CD's for  YDL 4.0.

I am now trying to install YDL 4.0 on partition #3 but the problem seems
to be that the first installation disc will not boot from the HD,
despite the fact that YDL claims that it should.  Any ideas on how to
proceed??

Ciao!

John