CD isn't booting

jcaldwel at purdue.edu jcaldwel at purdue.edu
Sun Mar 6 12:21:59 MST 2005

I know this has been beat to death but I can't find anyting on my particular
problem. What I have is the Blue and White G3. The YDL 4.0 CD doesn't boot when
I hold C. I can get into the Open Firmware (it is version 3.1.1) using CMD
Option O F but when I type in "boot:,\\yaboot" I get "load size=800
adler32=30520b9b unrecognzied Client Program format". What the heck is that? I
have OS 8.6 on there currently. Is  this causing me the issue? If so what do I
do to get around it? I only want YellowDog running on this computer. Thanks

Justin