YDL Installation onto Mac OS X (HFS+) partitioned Drive: YDL disk icon disappears, unmounted and unseen.

Frederick C.Lee fclee at highstream.net
Thu Mar 17 08:54:44 MST 2005

Greetings:
	I have multiple hard drives, one is HFS+ (w/out journaling) split
between Jaguar and YDL.  The YDL partition has about 20 GB.   I've ran
thru the YDL manual-installation process and was sure to create a 1 MB
Apple boot drive and set the target HD at the root '/' directory per
instructions.   I did the custom install of options and used the first
3 disk for installation.

	At the end, the installer said 'congrats' and rebooted.   What I got
was the default Jaguar boot (the second partition).

The result:
	1) The Linux (YDL)  HD is not visible on the desktop; nor can I see it
under the System Profiler.
	2) The Disk Utility does see the YDL disk as a generic disk with the
name 'disk0s3';   *** Not Mounted ***.

Question:  How can I make the YDL disk mountable and selectable; and
hence BOOTABLE at startup?

Regards,

Ric.