Problem with iMac DV SE 500

sinnott-armstrongn nova at macintoshclub.com
Sat Mar 26 16:10:13 MST 2005

I tried to install YDL 3.0 on my iMac DVSE, thinking it would be as
smooth as my older iMacstrawb233. I rebooted and held down C, and the
bootloader loaded. in yaboot, I hit return. it ran checks and inits'
and a blue text-mode popped up. Then it started up anaconda, but fell
back to textmode. I did full system install, and it was 3% done the
next morning when I got home at 5, it was 6% done, so I aborted. Do
full install's usually take this long? should I limit it?
thanks for the help!