Imac G3 1999 and monitor problems

mckeeir mckeeir at nb.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 28 11:26:34 MST 2005

I'm running YDL on a g3 500 indigo imac and I had to edit XF86Config and
change my vert and horizontal refresh rates.
I changed my horizontal to

31.5-48.5
40-60

I was then able to startx and when You get into it, make sure you use
the display settings to make sure the correct monitor and graphics card
are selcted. After doing so, my Hor and Vertical refresh rates are
listed as higher, but that's what I needed to do to initially startx.

It may work for you, but no guarantees!!!