external firewire drive not recognized

Robert Nuzum rnuzum at verizon.net
Sat Apr 23 07:28:12 MDT 2005

I have a 120 gig external firewire drive which boots osx easily but
when I try to install YDL 4.0.1 the drive is not recognized. I thought
this would be an easy install, as easy as ox, but I can find no
information that resolves this. I tried to follow a note from the YD
site that describes how to mount an external firewire drive but this
fails. It suggests mkdir for mounting but I cannot find the drive or
partition designations. The drive is partitioned via disk utility with
free space in the first segment.
Thanks for any help,
Bob