newbie config.... etc. [O.T.]

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed May 11 03:36:54 MDT 2005

Hi Matt:
No problem.  Happy to present a different viewpoint.

Regarding the additional comments, I did not consider them "ultra"
anything, just common sense.  I added them in at the last moment as a
signature based upon well ... sharing something useful for all to
consider once in a while ... after all, Freedom is not Free.  If one is
lucky enough to live long enough what once used to feel as "right" in
time is surpassed by one having discovered that it has moved left to
where one thinks.  Relativity has a way of making us all odd, even to
ourselves.

What follows is something a little different, maybe...

On May 11, 2005, at 2:08 AM, Matthew McGraw wrote:

> Derrek,
>
> thanks for the info on the wireless mouse... been looking for one that
> doesnt require bluetooth.... vis a vie the kernel upgrade, i've come
> from freebsd to linux, i have built many bsd kernels and i understand
> the ramifications of change, however i do appreciate your candor and
> advice, now the ultra right-wing propaganda on the bottom of your
> post.... that's another matter altogether.
>
> cheers,
> matt

Belief is a wise wager,
If you win, you win all,
If you lose, you lose nothing.
-- Blaise Pascal, Mathematician (1623 - 1662)

"our particular principles of religion are a subject of
accountability to our god alone.  I enquire after no man's and trouble
none with mine; nor is it given to us in this life to know whether
yours or mine, our friend's or our foe's, are exactly the right."
---Thomas Jefferson to Miles King, September 26, 1814

"I AM a Christian.  I AM a Muslim.  I AM a Hindu.  I AM a Jew." --
Ghandi; Ghandi was inspired by Henry David Thoreau.  Martin Luther King
was inspired by Ghandi.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
form of tyranny over the mind of man." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1800, as
inscribed in the Jefferson Memorial.

  "In Germany, the Nazis first came for the communists, and I didn't
speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and
I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade
unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a
Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one
left to speak for me." -- The statement was written by the Rev. Martin
Niemoeller, a German Lutheran pastor who was arrested by the Gestapo in
1938. He was sent to the concentration camp at Dachau, where he
remained until he was freed by the Allied forces in 1945.

Mitakuye Oyasin
Translation from Lakota Sioux: We are all related or We are all
relatives.

Light flashing against Sky and Earth.
Thoughts/Swords.
Life's spark reborn.