Machine boots directly into Mac OS X with no yaboot boot menu

steve s s_sandrussi at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 21:28:39 MDT 2005

Hey,

I cant start yellowdog linux on my machine anymore, I have no choice and the
yaboot menu that usually comes up when I start my machine doesn't even
appear. It was working fine last night.

I think what triggered this is the fact that this morning I decided to
update Mac OS X from 10.3.8 to 10.3.9 and downloaded the update file from
apple. When the download was complete I tried to run the update and got an
error -39. I tried again to update with no success and just deleted the
update file. After that I tried to reboot and noticed that the yaboot menu
didnt appear and Mac OS X loaded straightaway. I shutdown and started the
machine and it happened again every time I tried. I need to get to yellowdog
linux because my portfolio and other files are saved there.

Here are the details of my machine.

powermac g4 500mhz AGP (I think)

896 Mb RAM

disk0 yellowdog linux