Need help installing yellowdog linux on powerPC

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:31:29 MDT 2005

You will -have- to 'mess with the MacOS' to create a partition to
install Linux from

No OldWorld machins can boot Linux from the CD. You need a tool called
BootX, and a kernel image/initial ramdisk image to do so - its
chainloaded throgh MacOS itself.

There is a good howto on the Yellowdog Forums
(http://www.yellowdog-board.com). I can't link directly as the forums
appear to be down right now, or are not routing here.

Cian