video card questions

gurgle ptah at charter.net
Sun Jul 17 15:20:03 MDT 2005

Hi,
I'm running YDL 4.0 on a Beige G3 minitower with built in ATI Rage II 3D
card 288M of ram with a 233Mhz processor and a Rev.1 Mobo. My question
is this.. I have a Radeon 700 PCI card installed (it is a flashed pc
card with a vga out) and I have been completely unsuccessful in booting
YDL 4 from it. I had YDL 3 installed for a while and it booted fine from
BootX using the kernel arg video=radeon:vmode:15:cmode:16. I switched to
YDL 4 because of some sound problems with YDL 3. The sound is cleared up
now but I can't get the Radeon card to boot at all.....no kernel arg
i've tried seems to work including the no video option. The card shows
up on boot from onboard video as well as in my XF86Config file. Is there
anything I can do to get this card working? I'd really like to use it as
it is a much better card than the onboard and hardware acceleration
worked fine in YDL 3. Thanks for any help you can offer!