YDL on a new dual G5??

rjgoos at ydl.net rjgoos at ydl.net
Wed Aug 10 11:39:42 MDT 2005

I am getting a dual G5 Power Mac shortly.  There would be plenty of room on
the hard drive (250 gig) for Yellow Dog Linux, but I've got some questions...

1.  Does YDL really work on a dual G5?  I seem to recall that it took a while
for it to work on a G5.

2.  Would I need to, essentially, destroy everything that comes pre-installed
on the hard drive?  In other words, would I need to boot from the OSX Cds,
erase the hard drive, re-partition, re-install (hopefully) everything from
Apple, then install YDL?  I would be afraid that I would screw that up, and
not get either YDL OR OSX running.

I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort.

Thanks,

RJ