external usb hd

Matthew McGraw mm0204 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 26 15:31:44 MDT 2005

kevin:

On Aug 24, 2005, at 11:04 AM,
yellowdog-newbie-request at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> is there a way to access an external drive connected via usb to my
> Pismo
> running ydl 4.0? It is formatted hfs+.
> thanks for any help...

i have not tried mounting an external HD per se, however, I have a USB
CF (compact flash) reader and mounting it under ydl was fairly easy.
Check your boot messages (while booting or by using the "dmesg | more"
command) for items listed as "san" where n=some number.  This is the
standard linux label for SCSI bus drives/block devices.  My CF reader
mounts as "/dev/sa1" using standard "mount" syntax.  You're running ydl
4.x so  HFS+ support should be enabled in your kernel by default.

if any other list members have another solution, please post to the
list... as i said, i have not mounted a "hard drive" just my CF reader.

cheers,
matt