yellowdog-newbie Digest, Vol 12, Issue 26

Francisco Oseguera G. foseguerag at terra.com
Sat Aug 27 19:51:11 MDT 2005

Woa, what a list!

Well, my problem: I have recently installed ydl 4.0 and then yum
update'd it to 4.0.1 but I had to rpm -ivh --replacefiles for every
package, 'cause yum terminated when it found the kernel intended for a
g5 machine, while mine is a g3 iBook B&W clamshell.

Still, I have the soooo very common problem: sound not available. I
have tried every solution suggested, but to no avail as of yet.

my modprobe.conf:

alias eth0 sungem
alias snd-card-0 dmasound_pmac
install snd_powermac /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd_powermac &&
/usr/sbin/a
lsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd_powermac { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/mo
dprobe -r --ignore-remove snd_powermac
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394

What's there to be done? when running the sound test, now it does emit
the sounds, but it won't remain going on out of the test.

TIA and, again, this is a great list: congratulations to all!

Francisco Oseguera G.