Can't get anything but OSX disc to boot up.

benjamintracy at insightbb.com benjamintracy at insightbb.com
Sun Aug 28 19:39:34 MDT 2005

I have a g3 800MHz iBook.  I can't get any linux cdrom to load when holding c
down on startup.  It worked with Yellow Dog but on the second disc on the
install it shut down.  I tried to reload YDL but it won't boot from CD.  I then
tried to install Fedora core 4 for PPC.  That didn't work either.  I then tried
the OSX 10.3 disc that came with the machine which worked, but it is only an
upgrade and I am missing the first install CD from OSX 10.2.  I formated the
hard drive and now the only CD it will read is the OSX 10.3 upgrade disc and the
hardware check CD.  Please help me out.

Thanks

Ben Tracy