Can't get anything but OSX disc to boot up.

brian at nutthouse.org brian at nutthouse.org
Mon Aug 29 08:17:10 MDT 2005

You could try to hold down the "option" key when starting up instead. This
will bring you into a open firmware boot screen. It will scan for all
bootable media and allow you to select one. Choose the linux install disk
and then click the right arrow.
Also you may want to zap pram if this also does not work.
Zap PRAM:
After hitting the power button hold these 4 keys down,

"apple key" + "option" + "P" + "R"

Keep holdinig these keys down until the unit "chimes" 3 to 4 times. The
machine will kinda go through a series of reboots(this is what we want).
After 3 or 4 times release the keys and try the "option" key again.