Video Problems Continue...

yellowdoghelp at mac.com yellowdoghelp at mac.com
Mon Aug 29 19:10:26 MDT 2005

Okay..

  I have a Powerbook G3, manufactured in 1998 (Walstreet, PDQ). Is this a new world or a old world machine?

Next... When I boot into linux i ger squiggily vertical lines going down my screen. When I add kernel arguments it only seems to get much worse. Video is perfect in KDE though. The video=ofonly does not work, only locks up my system.

Last... In KDE when I go into monitors and settings and when I try to change my video card setting from Rage 64 to the Rage LT Pro, I click okay and exit kde and re-enter. The video card is still listed as the ATI Rage 64. Why can't I change this...

Thanks,

Brian P. Rosser
May you forever be touched by His noodly appendage...  www.venganza.org