yum probs

Kevin McMahon butters at buttershome.com
Tue Sep 6 14:37:26 MDT 2005

this is the message error that I get when I try vi yum.conf
this is the output when I do vi yum.conf
E325: ATTENTION
Found a swap file by the name ".yum.conf.swp"
        owned by: root   dated: Tue Sep  6 10:11:56 2005
       [cannot be opened]
While opening file "yum.conf"

(1) Another program may be editing the same file.
  If this is the case, be careful not to end up with two
  different instances of the same file when making changes.
  Quit, or continue with caution.

(2) An edit session for this file crashed.
  If this is the case, use ":recover" or "vim -r yum.conf"
  to recover the changes (see ":help recovery").
  If you did this already, delete the swap file ".yum.conf.swp"
  to avoid this message.

"yum.conf" [New File]
Hit ENTER or type command to continue

any help???