Reg. Host requirements for Yellow Dog Linux

Sandeep J M sandeep at mistralsolutions.com
Mon Nov 14 23:58:52 MST 2005

Hi,

I want to know the host type for using Yelow Dog Linux in Cross-Development. The target is either Dy4-183 Dual processor powerpc board or Champ-AV4 Quad processor powerpc board. Yellow Dog LSPs(Linux Support Packages) or BSPs (Board Support Packages)  for these boards are available.
I want clarifications regarding following things.

1)Can I use pentium host with RedHat Workstation installed  and with WindRiver or TimeSys IDE used for application development ? or

2)Should I go for power pc host with Yellow Dog Linux ? or

3)Can I use Yellow Dog Linux on Pentium host instead of Red Hat workstation ?

Waiting for clarifications.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

The information transmitted herewith is confidential and proprietary information intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.