Powerbook

Nicholas S-A nova at macintoshclub.com
Mon Nov 28 15:20:54 MST 2005

> Hello
>
> I have recently bought an old 15" Black Keyboard G3 Powerbook which I
> think is a 233 processor, it does not have USB or FIREWIRE, just
> ethernet and SCSI.
>
> I would like to know if the current release of YDL will install on the
> machine. I only really want to use the machine for Internet, text
> editing and learning PERL.
>
> Any help or advice would be warmly welcomed
>
> Cheers
>
> Roger Myers

I have a Powerbook G3 Wallstreet (233 Mhz model, 13" screen) that is
running OS 9 and YDL 3.0.1. The big problem is install space. mine has
a 2GB HD, and my partitions are about 80MB for OS9 (required for BootX,
which is needed unless you use Quik, which is unstable), 512MB for
swap, and 1.4GB for YDL. it is using KDE and has everything stripped
down, e.g. no OpenOffice,etc. So, it you are trying to run YDL, it is
limited unless you have a 4GB HD version. However, it runs all the apps
it has very nicely. The only problems I had were getting ethernet
working, I ended up just not using the GUI and using route, etc
manually.
Hope that helps!
Nick