using samba

Taylan Pince taylan at orangeslices.net
Sat Dec 3 21:26:57 MST 2005

hello again,

thanks! apparently it wasn't installed, so i installed it, and
managed to start samba. however, when i try to connect from my
powerbook on mac os x 10.4.3, i get a "username or password" error.

when i run smbclient -L localhost through ssh, if i am connected with
one of the usernames that i configured in the smb.conf, it gives me
the active shares. so it must be working, but i am unable to connect.

any ideas?

cheers,
taylan