MPlayer problems

Olaf Olson oolson at hadleyconnection.com
Tue Jan 17 09:24:41 MST 2006

Paul. I hacked a little on my own system, as I do have mplayer loaded,
but never really used it, as xine seemed a better tool. When I started
gmplayer at a shell prompt, I got several errors, although none were
severe enough to prevent it from starting. What I found was that mplayer
exists in /etc/mplayer, but there is another, /usr/share/doc/mplayer-1.0
which has different stuff and most of the missing files for my
installation. you might try searching for all the necessary stuff on
your machine.

Olaf