yellowdog-newbie Digest, Vol 17, Issue 8

linc rutledge.50 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 19 12:12:17 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 12:00 -0700,
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:35:44 +0000
> From: "Paul Higgins (U of M)" <higg0008 at tc.umn.edu>
> Subject: Re: MPlayer problems
> To: yellowdog-newbie at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>
> OK, I checked and sure enough there is an /etc/mplayer directory.  Get this:
> it's empty.  Huh??  MPlayer seemed to install just fine with yum (from the
> freshrpms site, I think).  I'm now pretty confused.
>
> I'm definitely going to install xine as well, that sounds like a better app
> for most things.  But I'm interested in finding out what's going wrong here
> as well.  Anyone have a clue as to what's the problem?
>
>From the mplayer man page:
You  can  put  all of the options in a configuration file which will be
read every time MPlayer is run.  The system-wide configuration file
'mplayer.conf' is in your configuration directory (e.g. /etc/mplayer
or /usr/local/etc/mplayer), the user specific one is
'~/.mplayer/config'.

You might check /usr/local/etc/mplayer.  I don't have my YDL system
handy, but on my Debian server the config files are in fact
in /etc/mplayer.  Does man mplayer work?  How about find /usr -name
mplayer.conf?

Linc
--
ACHTUNG!!!

Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy
schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und corkenpoppen mit
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!