How to get "Enter Root Password" Dialog Box

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Feb 13 00:58:27 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 11:52 +0530, Shrinidhi KR wrote:

> Hello Sir..
> Iam Shrinidhi, StudenI gone thru the PAM pages but i could not find
> the Solution. .t
>
> Sir I have designed an simple application. I want it to be run only by
> Super user.
> But if the user [Normal User] want ro run that application then it
> should prompt me   to enter the Root password.
>
> It should Display me the Dialog Box asking ,me to enter the Root
> Password.
> Can anybody help me.... Plz sir..
> Waiting For reply..
>
> --
> Regards,
> Shrinidhi

Dear Shrinidhi:
In addition to what I previously explained, once everything has been
properly setup -- you no longer have to be present physically.  Once the
user has been trained regarding what he/she may do that's pretty much
it.  The root administrator can log in remotely at any time to check for
messages the system has accumulated for his/her review.

Good Luck...