Does 4.1 solves or provide:

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Thu Mar 2 18:59:31 MST 2006

I've been to the hardware page already.  My iBook is the one with the 32 MB
VRAM (ATI Mobility 7500 card) and is supported by both YDL 4.0.1 and 4.1
(currently running 4.0.1).  The problem seems to be something inherent to
KDE, as the research I've done suggests that Gnome has much fewer issues with
laptop and awakening from sleep mode.  Maybe I should change over to that WM
in the future.

Does YDL 4.0.1 and/or 4.1 awaken from sleep mode OK on desktop machines?
Because I've only installed YDL on my iBook so far.  There are definite
problems with closing the lid (YDL doesn't sleep) as well as sleep mode (YDL
does not awaken--but only when powered from the battery).  The battery-saving
mode seems to be the culprit.

-PRH