Newbie to List got a Question

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 19:39:20 MST 2006

On 3/10/06, Brian Heibert <bheibert at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi, I am Brian
>   I am new to this list
>
> I have Yellow Dog Linux 4.1
>
> I installed it and everything seems fine except fort the internet
>
> I access the internet fine when running MacOS X in regular mode not MOL
>
> I have a D-Link Router that lets my Mac laptop access the internet
> My DSL modem is on my desktop Mac
> I have looked through the manuals looked at the Wi-Fi stuff and other
> networking and internet connection stuff and can't seem to get it to
> work

Is it possible that you're using a PowerBook G4 and Airport Extreme
(802.11g) to connect to your D-Link router? If so, you're going to
have a few problems getting the internet up-and-running over Airport
Extreme* if you're a Linux 'newbie'.

*Airport (802.11b) does work "out of the box" with YDL.

Eric.