YDL 4.0.1 and Blue&WhiteG3

Brian Turner brian at turnersystems.com
Sat Mar 18 10:47:46 MST 2006

It installs fine but networking does not work.

the Gmac card is recognized by the installer but in the network
control panel it is listed as disabled. When I click enable is says
it can't be found.
I tried adding a Linksys card I had lying around and it was
recognized by kudzu but does not show up in the network control
panel. Both of them are listed as being at eth0 in the hardware browser.
Netstat lists the loopback address and nothing else. I think that
means that the IP stack is fine.
Because I have similar problems with two different cards I think my
drivers are OK.
What could be between the stack and the drivers.
I am thinking a config file.
This is one of the early blue and whites that won't do two internal
HDs on the default bus. It is completely stock except the CD drive.
Maybe it needs a firmware update.

I am using DHCP but can switch to fixed IP's if needed.

YDL4.0.1 Blue&White G3 400 Mhz AGP Yosemite (I think)