question about wi-fi

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:25:24 MST 2006

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether the new YDL 4.1 has made any
improvements on wireless access.  I know that Airport Extreme is still a
problem, but that doesn't affect me (my iBook has a regular Airport card).
But in 4.0.1, Kwifimanager was basically nonfunctional (it crashed on launch)
and I was never able to get it working even with help from the TerraSoft
people.  So the only way I found I could get my iBook to recognize a new
wireless zone was to reboot.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious here?

Anyway, I'm still running 4.0.1 for the moment, but I'm eager to try the new
4.1.

Thanks,
-PRH