question about wi-fi

Paul Higgins higg0008 at tc.umn.edu
Thu Mar 23 14:33:37 MST 2006

It sounds like wireless is set up in YDL 4.1 much the same as it is in 4.0.1,
using System Settings > Network.  However, what I'm interested in (if it
exists) is a way for the system to recognize a new wireless zone without
rebooting.  From what I understand, Kwifimanager is supposed to do this, but
at least in 4.0.1 it won't run (crashes on launch).  You can find
Kwifimanager under Internet > More Internet Applications (at least that's how
it is on my iBook, running 4.0.1).

If anyone has advice on getting Kwifimanager working, possibly by installing
from source, I'm interested.  The TerraSoft people didn't really have any
idea what to do about the problem.

Also, re: the unsupported Airport Extreme cards, what can be used instead for
wireless access?

Thanks,
-PRH