can't log in as user

Steve Oakley steveo at practicali.com
Mon Apr 3 21:20:14 MDT 2006

Ok, I've been googling around for a while, with no direct answer

I've done a clean install of YD4.1 into a formatted drive, G4/450,
768mb ram, 120G HD, stock video card. installer ran without issue,
created a user account in the process. The install as for a server,
and I added ldap, secure mode set to warn.  I can log in as root, but
i can't log in as any user. I deleted and created two new users, but
both of those logins fail. using the GUI login screen, which I've
head might be the problem, so any wisdom would be appreciated. Since
this machine will run as a ftp server for outside access, loging in
as root is no big deal for me but will t his mess up outside logins ?
I plan to install proFTP as the ftp server
TIA

Steve Oakley
Digital Illusionist - DP - Motion Graphics - Editing
http://www.practicali.com

"There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't"