(no subject)

et kgh damaster007 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 01:20:58 MDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm a true newbie, and I've just installed Yellow Dog 4.1 on my Powerbook
5,8. On the website, I've read a HOWTO for installing an USB wireless dongle
(DWL-122). First step in this guide was to update the kernel. I really have
no idea how to do this. I've downloaded something, and now there is a
linux-2.6.15-rc5.ydl.1 folder in mij /usr/src directory. But what to do
next? Which commands have to be executed before the kernel is updated? Where
and how can I check if everything is as it should be?

Please help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Regards, Bandjar