YDL control and Samba

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon May 8 10:51:54 MDT 2006

Hi WCH:
In general controlling & invoking programs from the command line is
what Linux shares with standard proprietary versions of Unix.  Using
GUI's (graphical user interfaces) are convenient for basic work, but
when it becomes necessary to go beyond these user interfaces many
professionals find them too limiting in regards to resolving immediate
and complex problems.  Therefore it has become a matter of choice
regarding how one prefers to work.

The quote regarding Red Hat system tools in the past referred to tools
like fdisc or pdisc.  One can also use parted.  Unfortunately, there
are nuances to master with each of these tools.  Once you become
familiar with how they work what each does or does not do; you should
be on your way to building and creating the mount points together with
the file types for that sector.

Remember to note and comprehend the various means of determining the
size of each sector or directory, and you should be ok.

Recall that Yellow Dog Linux is closely tied to Red Hat; in brief
whatever system and other tools exist within Red Hat many of the same
tools are redesigned to function within the PowerPC environment.

Best wishes... Derick.