Admin password reset

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri May 19 11:06:37 MDT 2006

Hi John:

Here's the easy way:
Get the install first CD of the YDL install set.  Enter that into the
laptop in question, and also have an ethernet cable connected between
the laptop and any device you wish to copy files to.  Boot the laptop
so that it boots from the CD, press the C key.  When you reach the
Linux boot prompt:

boot:

type in, install rescue.  Follow instructions from there; you'll have
all the access you please and won't need any password.

boot: install rescue

Copy what you wish and so on.   I know this works as I tried this out
on my own laptop.

Best of luck.... Derick.