Question

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Jun 5 02:44:36 MDT 2006

Sorry Troy:
Could you rephrase your question?

Yellow Dog Linux (YDL) is used by a plethora of individuals for a
myriad of uses.  You are not looking for a reason why are you?
Or are you looking to discover whether such flexibility is possible?

It may be best to consider that OS X provides a variety of services
which have to be reinstalled into Darwin as they are intentionally
removed by Apple in the first place (and as many don't know this and
still use dial-up they end up paying for this twice as much in time and
in actual other additional costs), whereas YDL is a complete,
full-blown, full-service, no-nonsense Linux which follows the Red Hat
branch of Linux very closely while running on PowerPC systems.  Even in
comparison to Apple's Server products where professionals are using
broadband and faster communication services, YDL has been determined to
be more efficient by independent labs interested in this question.

Here's a link which may be useful:
http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2520

Good Luck...