Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1

Ted Goranson tedg at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 12 22:04:21 MDT 2006

Derick-

The effort you put in your message is appreciated. Greatly. Thank you.

But on close reading, I fear I don't understand how you answered my question.

I asked, knowing that I have 4.0 and want to go to 4.1, or at least
the kde on 4.1, possibly via yum somehow:

And you said:

Derick Centeno wrote on 6/12/06:
>The short answer is no.

...and then patiently explained about dependencies. Sadly, I am
unclear. Is it no that it is not true that I am limited to only going
as far as 4.0x and not to 4.1 or any part via yum?

Or did you mean yes, it is true that I cannot update to stuff on the
4.1 CDs or mirrors via yum.

Best, Ted