Squid on a B&W G3

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Jun 21 19:05:45 MDT 2006

Please note what is reported here regarding that model G3 and YDL 4.1:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?
hw_cat_id=7

I am unfamiliar with Dansguardian and the squidserver.  You probably
have a better idea regarding setting them up and getting the source and
compiling them so that they run within YDL than I could recommend.
However if you are willing to consider a different approach and you
have broadband or better it may interest you to consider this, a
hardware firewall:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/75f3/

The hardware firewall will operate regardless what OS you use.  I've
installed two of them, myself.

Best wishes...