Saving a document with OpenOffice

Ebrahim Mayat ebmayat at mac.com
Mon Aug 7 15:15:27 MDT 2006

On Aug 7, 2006, at 4:02 PM, robert.fernandes at verizon.net wrote:

> You should have absolutely no problem with saving any file to your
> home directory (/home/[username]/) or any directory inside your
> home directory. The only thing stopping you would be a file too big
> for available disk space. Are you getting an error message of some
> kind?

Yes, if I open a new document and try to "Save" I get the following
error:

Error saving the document Untitled1: /home/me/Documents/test.sxw does
not exist

(By the way, I have created a /home/me/Documents directory.)

If I create a document with nano and save, it works. Then, opening
that same document in OpenOffice for further editing is okay but when
trying to save, the "Save" button is greyed out and doing a "Save
As..." gives an error similar to the one above.