unable to instantiate...

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sun Sep 10 13:35:20 MDT 2006

I would like to ask a few details regarding the installation process you
followed, if you don't mind.

Is the entire drive to be dedicated to Linux alone?
If the answer is yes, was the entire Lacie external drive formatted as
Free Space with Apple's Disk Utility first, as per instructions?
Is that external drive partitioned such that OS X and Linux share the
same drive?
If it is, did you recall a statement explaining that both the OS X and
the Linux partitions have to be created at the same time by Apple's Disk
Utility?
This of course means that if OS X already exists on that external drive,
it needs to be backed up if there is essential data on it.  If there is
no significant data on it, there should be no fear of reformatting the
external drive so that there will be two partitions one for OS X and the
other for Linux/YDL.  Again the instructions recommend that Apple's Disk
Utility do this work.

It is only after the above have been addressed properly that Anaconda
can complete the installation process without unusual messages of the
kind you reported.

Good Luck....