mysql upgrade

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Sep 26 13:07:19 MDT 2006

Rodney why not just go their website directly.  I found the page for
Linux PowerPC here:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html

Just scroll down, you can't miss it.

You asked about upgrading mysql, according to how I read the
documentation available at their website you will have to start from the
version you have.  Here are those references:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/upgrade.html

Note that this page begins with a link for upgrading from mysql 3.23
which is the same version of mysql provided in YDL 4.1; hopefully that
is good enough.
The next link addresses upgrading from mysql 4.1 to 5.0:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrading-from-4-1.html

Be aware of the steps they recommend though -- there is no direct path
to mysql 5.0, in other words one cannot go directly from mysql 3.23 to
mysql 5.0!  So you and your team may have your work cut out for you; be
sure to follow the upgrade steps as they have recommended.

It is possible I may have misunderstood your message.  If you want 5.0
for YDL (or any PowerPC system) the first link should be fine.

Good Luck....