mysql upgrade

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Sep 27 07:47:54 MDT 2006

Rodney,

I went to those pages where the links were and read the documentation;
just enough to participate in this conversation.
As I stated, my interpretation of those instructions explain between
which versions of mysql one should upgrade from and to; as well as how
to proceed.

Regarding whether you should install mysql 5.0 or not, that depends on
what mysql version you use currently.

If you have not used mysql and there is no database in fact to worry
about, then you should be able to just download and install mysql 5.0
within YDL following their directions.  Then when YDL 5.0 comes out,
just transfer the data there.  I have no idea if mysql 5.0 with be part
of YDL 5 or not.  In any case, the directions provided on the mysql
website as to how to handle all kinds of various transitions are there.

If your situation is more complex than that, you will need to examine
their website regarding how to proceed.

Good Luck...