can't get online

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sun Dec 24 02:03:29 MST 2006

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 01:06:54 -0500
"Justin Leung" <xinsomniacboix at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey everyone, im a real newbie at linux, i have no idea what im
> doing, I was trying to get linux to run in 480i by dling this file,
> but i can't connect to the internet on linux on the ps3, i connect
> fine using the default os, it just says failure to resolve, and i
> don't really know what to do from there, any help would be appreciated

I hope the holidays are enjoyable for you!

A beginning would be to access the network manager as instructed here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/configuration/connect.shtml

Once you are in the Network Manager click on the Hardware Tab and then
click on New.  A dialog box will appear entitled Choose Hardware Type.
You'll notice a triangle pointing down.  Click upon that and select the
connection you intend to use.

You'll see Adapter and Device.
Within Adapter select that downward triangle and a list of adapters
appear.  Choose the one your PS3 uses.

Within Device keep in mind that eth0 means the first device used by
Linux to control and use that adapter.  Should you have decided to have
used wireless the device used would then be eth1.  The adapter would be
that wireless card, if it was listed.

When done, select Ok. Select Devices tab, select and make sure that
Profile has a check mark within it, then click activate.  You should be
online.

Happy Holidays... Derick