Need help setting up Samba on YDL 5.0

oolson at hadleyconnection.com oolson at hadleyconnection.com
Sun Dec 31 10:21:01 MST 2006

Stephen,

I hate it when people give answers to questions that aren't asked, but.. I
am going to do that anyway.

May I suggest installing webmin? This tool is a browser based
administrator for your Linux (or other) installation. It can be accessed
from any computer inside your firewall (and outside, too, if you unblock
specific ports). It will help you configure samba or ANY application, so
that it starts automatically. It can also be used to configure Samba - add
new users, modify privileges, host windows printers, etc. It provides a
simple straight-forward interface to the usual administrative tasks you're
going to do on your machine(s) anyway. I suggest this as a solution to
this problem and a few others you haven't seen, yet.

http://www.webmin.com

Olaf