i-mac rev b with replacement monitor

Kevin Nowaczyk beakerboy99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 09:26:47 MST 2007

I just installed the latest version of yellow dog
linux on a RevB i-mac.  My desire is to use this as a
"standalone" server, so I have removed the monitor to
save space.  For emergency and limited local access,
I've soldered together a 15 pin mac to 15 pin D-sub HD
VGA adaptor, plugged in my spare VGA monitor and all
looks great...until linux takes over.  The "BIOS"
section where the happy mac or folder with a question
mark inside displays perfectly well, but once Tux the
penguin appears with all the linux boot loader info,
the display look like there's an incorrect resolution,
or something.  Everything is displayed in triplicate.
What do I need to do to be able to get yellow dog to
write to the display correctly like the bios does?

Thanks for your help,
Kevin Nowaczyk