connect to mysql with php

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Jan 19 08:29:05 MST 2007

Hi Pat:

Here are some links addressing your question which may help:

1.  http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/connect-to-mysql-using-php.php

2.  http://php.about.com/od/phpwithmysql/qt/mysql_connect.htm

3.  http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/php-mysql/php_mysql_connection.htm

According to link 1, you may have left out an "n" and it may be a good
idea to follow the example and have an error statement embedded
reminding you when something breaks.

Applying the example in link 1 to your code the correction could be:

$conn = mysql_connect ("localhost", "root") or die ('Error connecting to
mysql');

Good Luck ... Derick.