ssh

Ron Rogers Jr. CronoCloud at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 19 15:27:02 MST 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:46:36 -0500
"Eric Burke" <eburke at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I just installed YDL on my PS3.  I am trying to use SSH so I
> can connect from my lap top to my PS3 I tried these directions
> on how to openssh-server. But I have no clue where to  type
> these commands  Do I use Gnome? If so how? Thanks for helping
> a newbie out..

When you see a command line sequence, you type it in a terminal
window

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_emulator

In Linux, terminal windows are similar to the command prompt
window or "DOS window" in Windows.

So what you do is open up your "term" and type (or copy + paste)
those commands in.  There should be a button for the term in the
E17 shelf, it's the one just to the left of the Firefox
button :-)

Also, in Linux, it's often easier or faster to do certain things
with a term than it is to do them in other ways.

CronoCloud (Ron Rogers Jr.)