Sample Demo Apps

Moore, Randy jrmoore at fgm.com
Sun Mar 11 14:22:45 MDT 2007

Hey There,

I've got YDL 5.0 up and running on my PS3 and have ported the OpenMap Java app over just to see how it would perform on the PS3, as opposed to running on a dual core opteron under Windows. They are about the same performance wise. I used the IBM Java 6.0 32bit Early Release for this test. What I would like to do next is find some sample C or C++ app that has been optimized to use the PPE and SPEs, and a similar one that uses only the PPE. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Eventually I would like to use Java on the PPE that would call SPE code via the JNI.

Thanks in advance,

Randy