KDE and E17

Ted Goranson tedg at alum.mit.edu
Mon Apr 23 18:16:01 MDT 2007

Now that presumably public availability of YDL 5 Mac is only days
away, I have a question about changes.

I assume that if I wish,

- I can install my 5 over my 4, or alternatively on my 4 partition

- I'd want to do so on my Pismo because 5 is faster, more robust and
has some features and hardware support 4 doesn't

- I can install it with KDE as a default

- If I do, Terrasoft's Yum servers will keep KDE current despite past history

- Or I could go with E17, in which case, I can STILL use KDE apps
(like Konq and Koffice) and that I can put the menubar at the top of
the screen as I can in KDE

Is all this true?

-Ted