multipart

Brant Williams fraterf93 at comcast.net
Wed May 9 15:05:12 MDT 2007

Hello everyone!  I have Yellowdog 5 on my Mac mini, and I just wanted
to borrow your expertise for a bit to answer a few questions.

     1)  Java.  I have Xubuntu running on my iMac G3.  By following
the instructions posted here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java
I have Java, and it runs great with Firefox on this machine.  Now how
do I install the SDK in Yellowdog?

     2)  DVDs.  Also I have DVD playback in Xubuntu.  I understand
about restricted formats and all, but seriously with three kids in
the house fighting for the "big TV" I find myself watching DVDs on
the computer alot, so DVD playback on my computer is important.  VLC
anyone?

     3)  MOL.  How do I get Mac-on-Linux in Yellowdog 5?

     4)  sudo.  How can I enable my account to use sudo?  How can I
open a Terminal as root, or log in as root for that matter?

Thanks In Advance!

Brant