Where are the Repositories?

Ron Rogers Jr. CronoCloud at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 26 20:01:21 MDT 2007

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:39:17 -0700
David Lowe <doctorjlowe at verizon.net> wrote:

> 	So now that i'm ready to actually use it, i can't find
> any of the programs that i actually want in the package
> manager: 1) BOINC
> 2) Battle for Wesnoth

http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesnothBinariesLinux

Fedora Core

Battle for Wesnoth is included in Fedora Extras, which is
enabled in Fedora by default. The current version of Battle for
Wesnoth in Fedora 5, Fedora 6, and the development branch is
1.2, and is available for ppc, i386, and x86_64 architectures.
If you have problems with these packages, or other questions,
please contact the Fedora maintainer Brian Pepple.

To install simply run:

*yum install wesnoth wesnoth-tools wesnoth-server

> 	1) I see that BOINC is not available for linux/PPC.
> Can somebody recommend another utility to manage network
> computing for this architecture?

It should be possible to compile BOINC on your machine:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/compile_client.php

> 	3) I got source from www.libsdl.org for the sdl-image
> package, but it won't compile here due to mismatching versions
> [sdl-image download is 1.2.10, while installed SDL is 1.2.9].
> Does this mean i'll have to go outside the package manager and
> re-install all SDL from source, or how else might i handle
> this situation?

Simplest solution would be to grab an older SDL_image.

CronoCloud (Ron Rogers Jr.)